A summary of brands, comments, and links. Many of these I own and love. Note that for some you will not find a good selection in the physical stores so online shopping is required.
Best price for dress pants. Great selection of 34 waist, 36 inch inseam
- Dress, some with "comfort waist" - Link ($90-$119, last checked January, 2018). Select the "Dress Pants" and "Tall" filter in the left column. Have seen lower prices around Christmas.
- Tall Chinos Link
- Tall Active pants link
- And 34x36 jeans
Impressive selection, many available in 34x36+ inseam
- L.L. Bean has a nice selection of tall 34x36 chinos and jeans as well, including 34x36 hiking pants, one link here gets to all 34x36 pants.
- Adventure pants - fantastic, light, stylish, comfortable, 36" inseam, OK for casual days at the office even- Link . I simply love this one, might need to pick up another color. Many report that these run a bit tight so some are buying up one waist size. Mine are ok, but a bit tight as well.
- Sahara convertible pants - extremely light, roomy and comfortable, 36" inseam. "L" is great for 34" waist - Link . "Asphalt" Sahara 34x36 available here.
REI also has "training" pants but max inseam is just 2" above the rest, a 32" inseam, disappointed again.
Great selection of 36 inseam
- Eddie Bauer also has a very large array of 34x36 pants here including Chinos, Jeans, Cargo, Dress, and Active.
Fantastic selection of 34x36 inch jeans, even 38 inseam
- Jeans - Link ($39-$169), last checked January, 2018
Nothing if you have a 34 inch waist and your are about 6 ft 4 or more. I am working the both Under Armour and Nike to get a batch of longer sweat pants made to resell. It is such a shame that us tall slim guys are left out of buying some of the great high tech and stylish sweat pants that UA and Nike manufacture. Nike has inseam up to about 35 if you are Big AND Tall, XXL, etc. but nothing for medium or large waist.
- Large selection 34x36 casual pants and jeans - Link. Last checked January 2018. Great prices in comparison to many.
- Nice selection Dress and Chinos, many 34x36 - Link ($48-$265, last checked January, 2018). Appears to cadre to slim sizes, though has some of each. Have not tried on any of these.
- Very nice selection of 34x36 pants, Link, on the expensive side, last checked January, 2018.
As mentioned in one of the blogs, if you have a store close you can try on 34x34s to get the style and fit you want then go online to buy. Also note that these prices look to be heavily discounted for the holiday season.